- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 day ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 day ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
The Coaching Wire: Friday, Jan. 18, 2013
By Football Rumor Mill Staff on January 18, 2013
Last update: 12:22 pm EST
- Nevada: Scottie Hazelton has accepted the defensive coordinator job on Brian Polian’s Nevada staff. Hazleton coached linebackers at USC in 2012 and was defensive coordinator on North Dakota State’s 2011 NCAA FCS national championship. Hazelton spent five years (2007-11) at North Dakota State and also served as graduate assistant there in 2000-01. He began his coaching career at Fort Lewis College, where he also played linebacker, handling the secondary for 4 years (1996-99), followed by two seasons as defensive backs coach at St. Olaf College for 2 seasons (2002-03), two seasons as co-defensive coordinator at Missouri Southern State (2004-05), and one season as linebackers coach at Michigan Tech (2006).
- Auburn: Former Arkansas State coach David Gunn has accepted an off the field position at Auburn. Gunn spent 11 years at Arkansas State. During his first 10 seasons, Gunn coached running backs before moving to cornerbacks coach on Gus Malzahn’s staff last season. He also served as the Red Wolves’ Director of Player Development in 2011.
- TCU: The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that TCU expects to hire Kansas linebackers coach DeMontie Cross in the same position. Cross, who played free safety at Missouri, coached outside linebacker at his alma mater from 1998 to 1999. In 2000, he served as the defensive backfield coach at Sam Houston State, and coached outside linebackers and special teams at Iowa State from 2001-2005, he was outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator of the Iowa State Cyclones. Cross coached for the Buffalo Bills from 2006-2009.
- Gardner-Webb: Gardner-Webb head coach Ron Dickerson, Jr. has resigned after just two seasons. Dickerson had an overall record of 7-15 and 4-8 in the Big South Conference. The Runnin’ Bulldogs finished 3-8 overall and 2-4 in the conference this past season.
- Troy: Waynesboro (Ga.) Burke County High offensive coordinator Jim Dye has accepted the offensive line job at Troy. [ Read More ]