- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 week ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
The Coaching Wire: Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013
Report: Brad Lawing will join Florida staff
South Carolina defensive line coach Brad Lawing will accept the same position on Will Muschamp’s staff at Florida, according to reports.
Lawing has been at South Carolina under Steve Spurrier since 2006. He was also to Carolina in 1998-99 under Sparky Woods and Brad Scott.
ESPN’s Chris Low ranks Lawing as one of the top assistants in the SEC, listing him as one his “Dandy Dozen” conference coaches. According to Low, Lawing is:
One of the more underrated coaches in the SEC, Lawing has been doing it for a long time at a very high level. His defensive lines at South Carolina have been excellent the past few years and are one of the big reasons the Gamecocks have made their move into the SEC’s upper tier.
Lawing replaces Dan Quinn, who was recently named Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator.