- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 1 day ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 1 day ago
- News and Rumors: USC coaching search updatePosted 2 days ago
- Parents of Rutgers player who quit team following bullying incident call school’s statement ‘insane’Posted 2 days ago
- Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 3 days ago
- Muschamp punches chalkboard to fire up team in loss to South CarolinaPosted 3 days ago
- Former Texas Tech QB: Leach cussed out Big 12 commish, fired DC in the middle of gamesPosted 5 days ago
- Baylor locks up Art Briles through 2023Posted 6 days ago
- Illinois AD noncommittal on Beckman’s futurePosted 1 week ago
- Countdown to Firing Day – Nov. 13, 2013Posted 1 week ago
The Coaching Wire: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013
By Rachel Fisher on January 29, 2013
- Stanford: Head coach David Shaw has promoted Mike Bloomgren to offensive coordinator. Bloomgren has spent the past two seasons as run game coordinator. Former running backs coach Mike Sanford will take over Stanford’s quarterbacks and wide receivers.Replacing Sanford as running backs coach is former Cardinal quarterback Tavita Pritchard, who the last two years served as a defensive assistant and working under defensive coordinator Derek Mason.
- Arkansas State: Former Boise State defensive back Gerald Alexander confirmed via Twitter that he will be a graduate assistant at Arkansas State. Other former Broncos on Bryan Harsin’s staff include Bush Hamden (wide receivers), Jeff Pitman (Strength Coach), and Lee Marks (Assistant Strength Coach).
- Auburn: Former Arkansas State defensive line coach Kenny Ingram will join Gus Malzahn’s staff at Auburn in an off-the-field role. Ingram came to Arkansas State as interim defensive line coach to help the Red Wolves prepare for the 2012 GoDaddy.com Bowl. Prior to Arkasnsas State, Ingram coached linebackers at Memphis from 2006-09 and served as defensive coordinator during the 2009 season. He coached defensive line at Tennessee State in 2005. Ingram coached at Melrose High in Memphis between 2001-04 and is credited with returning the program to prominence. He was the head coach from 2002-04 and posted a 37-4 overall record after serving as assistant head coach and defensive coordinator from 2001-02. Ingram played defensive end at ASU from 1989-92. As we reported last week, Malzahn also hired for Arkansas State cornerbacks coach David Gunn in an off-the-field role.
- Virginia: Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com is reporting that UVa offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor is leaving to join Chip Kelly’s staff with the Philadelphia Eagles. Lazor served as QB coach for the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins before to coming to Virginia in 2010. UPDATE: Virginia has confirmed Lazor’s departure in a release.
- Morehead State: Rod West, who spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Texas A&M-Commerce, has been hired as the defensive backs coach and special teams coordinator at Morehead State. Prior to his stint at TAMU-Commerce, West coached at Division II schools Morehouse (2011) and was a graduate assistant at Delta State (2010). West, who was a two-year starter at Alabama State, began his coaching career in 2009 at Kentucky Christian (NAIA).