- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 4 days ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 week ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
Gregg Brandon bolts amid Wyoming staff shuffle
Gregg Brandon is leaving Wyoming to become the offensive coordinator at New Mexico State.
The move comes two days after Cowboys head coach Dave Christensen brought in ex-Idaho coach Jason Gesser to coach Wyoming’s quarterbacks – a position Brandon held along with the offensive coordinator title.
Asked about Gesser’s hiring, Brandon told the Laramie Star-Tribue, “Coach Christensen made that decision. That’s a good question for him.”
Regardless of the answer, Brandon is gone and new Aggie head coach Doug Martin is excited.
“This is one of the top recruits we got this year,” Martin said in a release. “Gregg (Brandon) brings a wealth of experience that is hard to find at this level, while being one of only two people I trust to hand over the play calling for this offense.”
Brandon spent the past two seasons as Wyoming’s offensive coordinator.
Brandon was Bowling Green’s head coach from 2003-08, taking over when Urban Meyer left for Utah. He was fired following a disappointing 6-6 in 2008 that saw the Falcons only win one home game.
Brandon served as Al Groh’s offensive coordinator at Virginia in 2009-10.