- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 6 hours ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 5 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 5 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 6 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 1 week ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
North Carolina hires Ron West as co-DC
Ron West has been hired as North Carolina’s co-defensive coordinator.
West spent the 2012 season in the same position on Todd Graham’s staff at Arizona State.
West coached with Tar Heel defensive coordinator Dan Disch at Illinois in 2010, with West coaching outside linebackers and West coaching inside. West remained at Illinois in 2011 while Disch joined Larry Fedora’s staff at Southern Miss.
West has 16 years of defensive-coaching experience including nine as a coordinator. Prior to Arizona State, West briefly took the job as defensive coordinator at New Mexico before joining Graham’s staff.
In 2009, West coached with Graham at Tulsa, where he served as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
West spent the majority of his coaching career at Clemson, his alma mater, where he coached 10 seasons. He spent five years as an offensive-line coach. West also coached for two seasons on Tommy Bowden’s staff at Tulane.