- Illinois staff member arrested for pointing gun at fellow coachesPosted 2 days ago
- College Football Coaching Hot Seat Ranking – Monday, Nov. 25Posted 3 days ago
- Marcus Allen, former Trojans express support for OrgeronPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Muschamp will return next season; staff changes comingPosted 4 days ago
- Video: Will Muschamp calls loss to Georgia Southern ‘embarrassment’Posted 5 days ago
- Coker, UTSA in talks for long-term extensionPosted 6 days ago
- Top recruits believe Virginia’s Mike London will return next seasonPosted 7 days ago
- Orgeron: ‘I don’t really care’ that Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 1 week ago
- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 1 week ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 1 week ago
Bill Bedenbaugh offered OU offensive line job
Update: Sources tell us that Bill Bedenbaugh has been offered the Oklahoma offensive line job. Though nothing is official, Bedenbaugh is expected to accept.
West Virginia offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is one of two strong candidates to join Oklahoma’s staff, according to a source.
Bedenbaugh would fill the vacancy left by James Patton, who was the Sooners’ centers and guards coach. Patton was apparently told last week to find a new job, and landed yesterday on Kevin Wilson’s staff at Indiana.
Like Tim Kish, who was hired as OU’s linebackers coach last January, Bedenbaugh coached on Mike Stoops‘ staff at Arizona. Bedenbaugh was the Wildcats’ offensive line coach and running game coordinator from 2007-09 and was given the co-offensive coordinator title in 2010.
A very hard-working recruiter, Bedenbaugh was recently named one of 247sports.com’s Top 50 recruiters for 2013.
As a player, Bedenbaugh was a four-year starting lineman for Mike Leach at Iowa Wesleyan. He later coached for Leach at Texas Tech, serving as offensive line graduate assistant from 2000-02, running backs coach in 2003-04, and offensive line coach in 2007-09.
The other name we’ve heard for the Oklahoma position is former Kansas head coach and OU offensive coordinator Mark Mangino.
Mangino was Oklahoma’s offensive line coach in 1999 and also served as the Sooners’ offensive coordinator in 2000-01. He resigned as the Jayhawks’ coach in December 2009.