- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 14 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 15 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Bill Bedenbaugh offered OU offensive line job
Update: Sources tell us that Bill Bedenbaugh has been offered the Oklahoma offensive line job. Though nothing is official, Bedenbaugh is expected to accept.
West Virginia offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is one of two strong candidates to join Oklahoma’s staff, according to a source.
Bedenbaugh would fill the vacancy left by James Patton, who was the Sooners’ centers and guards coach. Patton was apparently told last week to find a new job, and landed yesterday on Kevin Wilson’s staff at Indiana.
Like Tim Kish, who was hired as OU’s linebackers coach last January, Bedenbaugh coached on Mike Stoops‘ staff at Arizona. Bedenbaugh was the Wildcats’ offensive line coach and running game coordinator from 2007-09 and was given the co-offensive coordinator title in 2010.
A very hard-working recruiter, Bedenbaugh was recently named one of 247sports.com’s Top 50 recruiters for 2013.
As a player, Bedenbaugh was a four-year starting lineman for Mike Leach at Iowa Wesleyan. He later coached for Leach at Texas Tech, serving as offensive line graduate assistant from 2000-02, running backs coach in 2003-04, and offensive line coach in 2007-09.
The other name we’ve heard for the Oklahoma position is former Kansas head coach and OU offensive coordinator Mark Mangino.
Mangino was Oklahoma’s offensive line coach in 1999 and also served as the Sooners’ offensive coordinator in 2000-01. He resigned as the Jayhawks’ coach in December 2009.