- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 4 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 6 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 1 week ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 2 weeks ago
Iowa's Darrell Wilson hired as Rutgers DB coach
Darrell Wilson, who spent the last 11 years at Iowa, is the new defensive backs coach at Rutgers.
It will be Wilson’s second stint at Rutgers. He was the Scarlet Knight’s running backs coach in 1999.
He fills one of the voids created when defensive coordinator and secondary coach Robb Smith left a week ago to become linebackers coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Indications have been that Kyle Flood will promote Dave Cohen from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator.
Wilson, who played at UConn, served as the outside linebackers and special teams coach for Wisconsin in 2000-01 before moving to Iowa, where he has been in charge of linebackers, special teams and, most recently, the secondary during his stint with the Hawkeyes.
Following Wilson’s hiring, the Rutgers staff has two open spots. The Scarlet Knights are also short an offensive coordinator after Dave Brock left to become the head coach at Delaware.