- Notre Dame’s Bob Diaco named UConn coachPosted 1 day ago
- Eastern Michigan hires Drake’s Creighton as head coachPosted 1 day ago
- Boise State to name Bryan Harsin as head coachPosted 2 days ago
- Mack Brown refutes report that he will step downPosted 2 days ago
- Dave Clawson to be introduced today as Wake Forest coachPosted 3 days ago
- Florida players celebrate Ohio State’s Big Ten title game defeat on TwitterPosted 3 days ago
- Wyoming hires North Dakota State’s Craig BohlPosted 5 days ago
- Baylor’s Art Briles could be a candidate for Texans jobPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Chris Petersen to be named Washington coachPosted 7 days ago
- Wake Forest AD interviews Ball State’s Pete LemboPosted 1 week ago
Neinas will be Colorado's special teams coach
Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre will tab Toby Neinas as special teams coach.
Neinas spent last season as secondary coach on Rob Ash’s staff at Montana State. Before that, he spent three seasons with Mike Locksley at New Mexico. Neinas coached special teams (2009-10) and linebackers (2009-11) and was promoted to defensive coordinator in 2011. He has significant experience recruiting California (especially the Inland Empire schools), Colorado and Texas.
Neinas has five years experience as a special teams coach, and understands the importance of that phase of the game.
“There are so many opportunities for huge swings in momentum,” Neinas said during his tenure at New Mexico. “You want very good players out there on your special teams.”
“I think if you asked most football teams, you’ll find out that the punt is one of the most important plays in the game. We work on punt every day.”
Neinas spent three seasons at San Diego State coaching special teams (2006-08), outside linebackers (2008) and tight ends (2206-07). He also coached at Temple and UAB after getting his start as a grad assistant at North Carolina.
A native of Boulder, his father, Chuck Neinas, is former interim commissioner of the Big 12 Conference (2011-12) and was the commissioner of the Big Eight Conference from 1971 to 1980.
The hire will complete MacIntyre’s 2013 staff.
|2009-11||New Mexico||DC (’11), LB (’09-11), ST (’09-10)|
|2006-08||San Diego State||ST (’06-08), OLB (’08), TE (’06-07)|
|2002-05||Temple||ILB (’04-05), DL (’02-03)|
|1996-2001||UAB||RB/TE (’01), S (’99-00), DE (’97-98), OLB (’96)|
|1995||North Carolina||Grad Assistant (Secondary)|