- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 3 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
Jerry Montgomery will be Oklahoma's defensive line coach
Michigan assistant Jerry Montgomery will be defensive line coach at Oklahoma.
Montgomery, who spent the past two seasons as the Wolverine’s defensive line coach, informed his players of the move on Saturday, and defensive tackle Ondre Pipkins wished him well on Twitter soon after.
Want to wish Coach Montgomery and his family luck at #Oklahoma he taught me a lot and I’ll never forget the talks we had Love you coach
— peeweeuofm9456 (@PeeWeeUofM9456) February 23, 2013
The Mesquite, Nev. native was named one of 247sports.com’s Top 50 Recruiters for 2013. He served as lead recruiter for Derrick Green (Richmond, Va.), the nation’s No. 1 running back prospect, as well as four-star tight end Jake Butt (Pickerington, Ohio), defensive end Taco Charlton (Pickerington, Ohio), linebacker Mike McCray (Trotwood, Ohio) and defensive tackle Henry Poggi (Baltimore, Md.).
Montgomery spent one month on ex-Sooner assistant Kevin Wilson’s staff at Indiana before taking the job at Michigan. Before that, he was defensive line coach at Wyoming for two seasons (2009-10) and Northern Iowa (2007-08), where he also served as graduate assistant in 2006.
Like Bob Stoops, Montgomery is an Iowa grad. He played defensive tackle for the Hawkeyes from 1998-2001.
Montgomery replaces Jackie Shipp, who was let two weeks ago after 14 years with the Sooners.
He earned $212,500 last season at Michigan. Shipp’s salary at Oklahoma was $270,000.