- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 24 hours ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 1 day ago
- News and Rumors: USC coaching search updatePosted 1 day ago
- Parents of Rutgers player who quit team following bullying incident call school’s statement ‘insane’Posted 2 days ago
- Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 3 days ago
- Muschamp punches chalkboard to fire up team in loss to South CarolinaPosted 3 days ago
- Former Texas Tech QB: Leach cussed out Big 12 commish, fired DC in the middle of gamesPosted 5 days ago
- Baylor locks up Art Briles through 2023Posted 6 days ago
- Illinois AD noncommittal on Beckman’s futurePosted 7 days ago
- Countdown to Firing Day – Nov. 13, 2013Posted 1 week ago
Jerry Montgomery will be Oklahoma's defensive line coach
Michigan assistant Jerry Montgomery will be defensive line coach at Oklahoma.
Montgomery, who spent the past two seasons as the Wolverine’s defensive line coach, informed his players of the move on Saturday, and defensive tackle Ondre Pipkins wished him well on Twitter soon after.
Want to wish Coach Montgomery and his family luck at #Oklahoma he taught me a lot and I’ll never forget the talks we had Love you coach
— peeweeuofm9456 (@PeeWeeUofM9456) February 23, 2013
The Mesquite, Nev. native was named one of 247sports.com’s Top 50 Recruiters for 2013. He served as lead recruiter for Derrick Green (Richmond, Va.), the nation’s No. 1 running back prospect, as well as four-star tight end Jake Butt (Pickerington, Ohio), defensive end Taco Charlton (Pickerington, Ohio), linebacker Mike McCray (Trotwood, Ohio) and defensive tackle Henry Poggi (Baltimore, Md.).
Montgomery spent one month on ex-Sooner assistant Kevin Wilson’s staff at Indiana before taking the job at Michigan. Before that, he was defensive line coach at Wyoming for two seasons (2009-10) and Northern Iowa (2007-08), where he also served as graduate assistant in 2006.
Like Bob Stoops, Montgomery is an Iowa grad. He played defensive tackle for the Hawkeyes from 1998-2001.
Montgomery replaces Jackie Shipp, who was let two weeks ago after 14 years with the Sooners.
He earned $212,500 last season at Michigan. Shipp’s salary at Oklahoma was $270,000.