- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 3 days ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 week ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 1 week ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
Report: Arizona State offensive line coach Bob Connelly dismissed
Arizona State head coach Todd Graham has let go offensive line coach Bob Connelly.
Doug Haller of The Arizona Republic confirmed the news via Twitter.
According to Haller, Sun Devil assistant Chris Thomsen is the likely replacement. Thomsen was hired by Graham for the second time in January. His title had been running backs coach.
Thomsen was originally hired by Graham in December 2011 but left ASU the following February to become offensive line coach at Texas Tech, where he spent the 2012 season.
Whether Thomsen switches to the offensive line will depend on who Graham chooses to hire. He is reportedly considering both offensive line and running back candidates.
Connelly joined Graham’s staff in Dec. 2011 after spending four seasons at UTEP. He was the Miners’ offensive Line and also held the associate head coach and co-cffensive coordinator titles.
Prior to UTEP, Connelly was at UCLA for one season (2007) after four years at Alabama.