- Illinois staff member arrested for pointing gun at fellow coachesPosted 3 days ago
- College Football Coaching Hot Seat Ranking – Monday, Nov. 25Posted 4 days ago
- Marcus Allen, former Trojans express support for OrgeronPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Muschamp will return next season; staff changes comingPosted 5 days ago
- Video: Will Muschamp calls loss to Georgia Southern ‘embarrassment’Posted 6 days ago
- Coker, UTSA in talks for long-term extensionPosted 1 week ago
- Top recruits believe Virginia’s Mike London will return next seasonPosted 1 week ago
- Orgeron: ‘I don’t really care’ that Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 1 week ago
- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 1 week ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 1 week ago
Report: Arizona State offensive line coach Bob Connelly dismissed
Arizona State head coach Todd Graham has let go offensive line coach Bob Connelly.
Doug Haller of The Arizona Republic confirmed the news via Twitter.
According to Haller, Sun Devil assistant Chris Thomsen is the likely replacement. Thomsen was hired by Graham for the second time in January. His title had been running backs coach.
Thomsen was originally hired by Graham in December 2011 but left ASU the following February to become offensive line coach at Texas Tech, where he spent the 2012 season.
Whether Thomsen switches to the offensive line will depend on who Graham chooses to hire. He is reportedly considering both offensive line and running back candidates.
Connelly joined Graham’s staff in Dec. 2011 after spending four seasons at UTEP. He was the Miners’ offensive Line and also held the associate head coach and co-cffensive coordinator titles.
Prior to UTEP, Connelly was at UCLA for one season (2007) after four years at Alabama.