CFS Daily Hot Reads: Wednesday, April 24
* Larry Fedora likes to have fun at practice… In the video above, it happens to be at the expense of QB Bryn Renner, and he wasn’t happy.
* The Sports Business Journal picks the winners and losers in the ACC’s grant of rights.
* Of all the opinion pieces on the “College Football Playoff” name (and there are a LOT of them out there), I think Mark Schlabach gets it right.
* Sports on Earth’s Tommy Tomlinson delivers far and away the best eulogy of Auburn’s Toomer’s oaks. No need to be an Auburn fan to enjoy this one.
* The Austin American-Statesman’s Kirk Bohls says it doesn’t matter the College Football Playoff is played… “The commissioners can pick Mars as the location, and Nick Saban’s still going to win the thing.”
* Tampa Bay Bucs’ defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan urged his not to go into coaching. Now, at age 24, Nick Sheridan is South Florida’s passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Dad admits it’s worked out pretty well so far.
* What do Miami and Cincinnati have in common? For a college football coach, a lot more than you think according to Tommy Tuberville.