LSU running back Jeremy Hill arrested for battery

LSU running back Jeremy Hill arrested for battery

Originally published April 27, 2013

[dropcap]L[/dropcap]SU running back Jeremy Hill was arrested Friday night and charged with battery following an incident at a Baton Rouge bar.

hillPolice were called to the scene of a disturbance at Reggie’s Bar near Tigerland, according to NBC33 TV. The Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed to NBC33 that Hill was arrested.

No further details were available. LSU coach Les Miles, who is in New York City for the NFL Draft, has not commented but has been made aware of the situation.

Hill, a sophomore, had one of the most successful true freshman seasons in LSU history. Despite playing in just four of the Tigers’ first six games, he finished 2012 with 755 yards and 12 touchdowns.

This is not Hill’s first run in with law enforcement.

The Baton Rouge native was originally set to sign with LSU in February 2011, but was arrested less than a month before Signing Day and charged with charged with sexual battery.

Authorities claimed that Hill and another Redemptorist High student pressured a 14-year-old girl to perform oral sex.

He eventually pleaded guilty to carnal knowledge of a juvenile, a misdemeanor, and was sentenced to two years probation.

Hill was expelled from school and finished high school through home-school, and signed with LSU in February 2012.

The 6-foot-2, 235-pound Hill was a 4-star recruit and the nation’s No. 21 running back by

UPDATE 4/29/2013: LSU released a statement Monday announcing that Hill had been suspended from the team indefinitely.

Miles said he will let this incident play out through the legal system before making any additional comments.

A Baton Rouge Police Department spokesman said police responded at 2:15 a.m. to a call regarding a 20-year-old man who said he was knocked out in a fight in a parking lot. A witness shot video of the incident on his mobile phone, then contacted police and shared the video.

The recording showed a man that appears to be Hill punching the victim. The victim was then punched again and knocked to the ground by a second suspect whom police have not yet identified. The second suspect remains at large.

East Baton Rouge Parish district attorney Hillar Moore said it could take four to six weeks to determine whether his office will move forward with charges.


Related Posts
The Coaching Wire: Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013
K-State's Snyder signs extension through 2017
Oregon State's No. 3 QB Richie Harrington transferring to Southern Utah
VIDEO: Herschel Walker On How To Fix College Football