- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 weeks ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 4 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 4 weeks ago
Report: Two Auburn linebackers will transfer
Auburn reserve linebackers Chris Landrum and Harris Gaston will transfer.
Both Landrum, a redshirt sophomore from Sweet Water, Ala., and Gaston, a senior from Birmingham, are headed to Jacksonville State, according to AuburnSports.com.
Landrum (6-3, 242) signed with Auburn in 2011 and began his career as an outside linebacker. He moved to fullback last season and saw action in just one game.
He practiced at middle linebacker this spring, but was not on the two-deep following spring ball.
Gaston (6-1, 235), a 2009 signee, totaled 12 tackles in seven games during the 2009 and 2010 seasons, but did not play football in 2011 or 2012. He returned to the team this spring, but failed to make the two-deep.
A 3-star recruit in the 2011 class, Landrum originally chose the Tigers over offers from Duke, Memphis, Southern Miss, UAB and South Alabama.
Gaston, also a 3-star recruit, played for Bessemer Academy and had offers from Mississippi State and Kentucky.
Photo credit: Hal Yeager/The Birmingham News