- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 3 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
Report: Tennessee running back Marlin Lane reinstated
Tennessee running back Marlin Lane has reportedly been reinstated to the team.
On Wednesday, Knoxville radio personality Jimmy Hyams cited a source that said Lane was back on the team.
Lane was suspended this spring for disciplinary reasons. In mid-April, Butch Jones said Lane was “absolutely on the path” to a return.
“He has some criteria that have to be met,” Jones said at the time. “He’s meeting that criteria, but as of right now he’s still out and that’s all I’ll comment.”
Tennessee coaches have not yet confirmed Lane’s return.
Lane, a junior from Daytona Beach, Fla., was the odds-on favorite to win the starting tailback job. He rushed 120 times for 658 yards and caught 29 passes for 228 yards last season.
Without Lane, the Vols were short on depth and experience in backfield. Senior tailback Rajion Neal and redshirt freshman Alden Hill carried the bulk of the load in his absence.
Tom Smith, a third-year sophomore with 13 career carries, is the Vols’ only other scholarship tailback.