- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 4 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Missouri linebacker Torey Boozer dismissed; Transferring to SMU
Missouri redshirt freshman linebacker Torey Boozer has been dismissed from the team. MU spokesman Chad Moller told the Kansas City Star that Boozer was booted from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Boozer, a native of Everman, Texas, tweeted Monday afternoon that he planned to transfer to SMU. The Mustangs recruited Boozer out of high school, but SMU has not yet confirmed that he will join the program.
Last October, Boozer was one of three Tigers players arrested in October for suspicion of possession of fewer than 35 grams of marijuana.
He pleaded guilty to an amended charge of trespassing and paid a fine.
Boozer (6-2, 230) was a 3-star safety prospect from Everman, Texas and signed with Missouri in 2012. In addition to Missouri and SMU, Boozer considered Arizona, Baylor, Houston and North Texas.
He added more than 20 pounds during a redshirt last season, but exited spring No. 3 on the depth chart at outside linebacker.
Photo: Scott Kane / USA Today