- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 3 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 3 weeks ago
Michigan State wide receiver Kyle Kerrick granted release
Michigan State redshirt freshman wide receiver Kyle Kerrick has been granted a release and will transfer.
He moved to safety during the season, but was back at receiver this spring and caught two passes in the spring game.
No details on Kerrick’s reason for leaving were given, but being fifth at the “X” receiver position on the spring depth chart meant his opportunity to contribute any time soon was limited.
Sophomore Juwan Caesar (6-3, 212), the No. 4 “X” on the spring depth, announced his intention to transfer last month.
Michigan State also parted ways 2013 wide receiver signee Jay Harris after he posted a controversial rap video on YouTube.
Kerrick was a 3-star recruit from Coatesville, Penn. He had offers from Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Illinois.
Photo: Associated Press