- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 23 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 day ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Wyoming: Last year's leading rusher could miss 2013 season
Wyoming sophomore running back D.J. May could miss the 2013 season after an injury suffered during voluntary workouts.
According to a WyoSports.net report, May tore his left pectoral muscle a couple weeks ago. He expects the recovery to take nine months.
May was the Cowboys’ leading rusher last season with 374 yards on 77 carries (4.9 yards per carry) and one rushing touchdown. He caught six passes for 35 yards.
If May redshirts, he would return a redshirt sophomore in 2014.
Fortunately for Wyoming, the team is deep at running back. Senior Brandon Miller rushed for 352 yards in 2012 while sophomore Shaun Wick gained 350 yards and scored four touchdowns.
True freshman Omar Stover, a January enrollee, ended spring No. 2 on the depth chart behind Miller.
Photo: Larame Tribune