Complete Oklahoma State staff salary breakdown
[dropcap]O[/dropcap]klahoma State’s coaching staff will earn slightly more in 2013 than the 2012 staff.
According to figures obtained by the Tulsa World, each returning member of the Cowboy coaching staff, including head coach Mike Gundy, was given a raise.
The 2013 staff as a whole will earn slightly more ($54,000) than the 2012 staff, but $600,000 of last year’s total was paid to Todd Monken, now the head coach at Southern Miss.
Monken’s replacement Mike Yurcich was hired from D-II Shippensburg, and has been previously reported, will earn $400,000. Adjusting for the difference in offensive coordinator pay, the Cowboys’ 2013 staff will earn $254,000 or 8.4 percent more than in 2012.
Glenn Spencer, who had the “co” removed from his defensive coordinator title, was given a raise of more than $100,000. He will earn $462,000 in 2013.
Previous defensive coordinator Bill Young earned $430,000 in 2012.
Veteran offensive line coach Joe Wickline also will have a salary of $462,000. He was paid $440,000 a year ago.
Third-year assistants Kasey Dunn (receivers) and Jemal Singleton (running backs) each received raises of $70,000, up to $280,000. Van Malone, who has been moved from safeties to cornerbacks for his second season at OSU, was given a $50,000 bump and will now make $260,000.
Salaries of the three other new hires are defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements $315,000, safeties coach Tim Duffie $275,000 and inside receivers coach Jason Ray $150,000.
Gundy received the biggest bump, an increase of nearly $200,000, from $3.275 million to $3.45 million.
Below is a look at the 2013 Oklahoma State coaching staff, their salary and what they earned in 2012:
- Mike Gundy, Head coach: $3.45 million ($3.275 million)
- Glenn Spencer, Defensive coordinator/Linebackers: $462,000 ($360,000)
- Mike Yurcich, Offensive coordinator/Quarterbacks: $400,000 ($52,500, Shippensburg)
- Joe Wickline, Offensive line: $462,000 ($440,000)
- Joe Bob Clements, Defensive line: $315,000 ($258,800, Kansas State)
- Kasey Dunn, Receivers: $280,000 ($210,000)
- Jemal Singleton, Running backs: $280,000 ($210,000)
- Tim Duffie, Safeties: $275,000 (N/A, Wake Forest)
- Van Malone, Cornerbacks: $260,000 ($210,000)
- Jason Ray, Inside receivers: $150,000 ($69,000, Wyoming)
Photo: Bryan Terry/Associated Press