- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 4 days ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 week ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 week ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 1 week ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
Arizona wide receiver Tyler Slavin leaves the team and will transfer
Arizona wide receiver Tyler Slavin has left the program.
No reason for the departure was given and Slavin did not indicate where he planned to transfer, but school officials later confirmed that he left the team voluntarily.
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound redshirt junior played in all 13 games as a reserve receiver last season. He made 22 catches for 224 yards.
His biggest reception of the year was a game-winning 19-yard touchdown catch in the New Mexico Bowl win over Nevada. It was Slavin’s first — and, as it turns out, only — touchdown with the Wildcats.
In three seasons at Arizona, the Corona, Calif. native appeared in 31 games.
Photo: Mark J. Rebilas / USA Today Sports