- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 12 hours ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 5 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 6 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 1 week ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 2 weeks ago
Kentucky sends 5-star recruit 182 letters in a single day
Kentucky raised eyebrows earlier this month when the Wildcats jumped to No. 1 in Rivals.com’s 2014 Team Recruiting Rankings.
The Cats have since slipped back to No. 2 (behind Texas), but there’s little arguing that Mark Stoops’ staff has found a winning formula.
“Mailbombing” is apparently part of that strategy.
In March, UK mailed quarterback recruit Drew Barker 115 handwritten letters in a single day. The 4-star Hebron (Ky.) Conner product committed to Kentucky in May.
Now the Cats have bombed 5-star defensive lineman Matt Elam (6-6, 325) in an even bigger way.
The massive defensive tackle from John Hardin High School in Elizabethtown, Ky. tweeted a photo of 182 letters he received earlier this week.
Elam lists a top five of Kentucky, Alabama, Louisville, Ohio State and Notre Dame, but the battle to land his services is thought to primarily be between the Cats and Crimson Tide.
Who knows if if the mailbomb will make a difference in Elam’s decision (or if it did with Barker), but it definitely got his attention.
Photo: Kentucky Sports Radio
Okay Okay Here Is A Picture Of 182 Letters From UK This Has To Be A Record Or Something Ha !! BBN #Crazy #WeAreUK — @Fballislife69