- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Dabo: ‘If we played Florida State 10 times, we’d win 5′
In fact, after watching the game film, Swinney said that if the two teams played 10 times, “We’d probably win five, they’d probably win five.”
While Swinney didn’t take anything away from Florida State and admitted that there were some areas in which the Seminoles “were a bit ahead” of his team, he believes the lopsided margin was more an indication of Florida State playing a great game and his team having a bad night than the actual delta between the two teams.
I’m sure we’ll find out in coming days what Jimbo Fisher thinks about Swinney’s statement.
With Florida State piling up 565 yards, 30 first downs and a Death Valley record for points scored combined with forcing four turnovers and holding Clemson to just 326 yards (and nearly half of those after the game was completely out of hand), we’d be inclined to that Fisher — at least in private — might see it differently.
Photo credit: AP