- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 4 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 5 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Florida loses another player for the year
Florida coach Will Muschamp announced Wednesday that the Gators lost another player for the season to injury.
Reserve linebacker Jeremi Powell tore the ACL in his left knee while attempting to block a punt against Missouri on Saturday. He will undergo season-ending surgery.
“Unfortunate for him,” Muschamp told the media. “He’s a guy who was really emerging special teams-wise.”
The redshirt freshman from Pinellas Park, Fla. saw action in all seven games this season, mostly on special teams. He totaled four tackles.
Powell is just the latest in a long line of Gators to suffer season-ending injuries.
Others out for the rest of the year include starters quarterback Jeff Driskel (broken leg), defensive tackle Dominique Easley (knee), right tackle Chaz Green (labrum), running back Matt Jones (knee), wide receiver/kick returner Andre Debose (knee), linebacker Matt Rolin (knee) and defensive back Nick Washington (shoulder).
Photo: Will Vragovic, Tampa Bay Times