- Florida players celebrate Ohio State’s Big Ten title game defeat on TwitterPosted 8 hours ago
- Wyoming hires North Dakota State’s Craig BohlPosted 2 days ago
- Baylor’s Art Briles could be a candidate for Texans jobPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Chris Petersen to be named Washington coachPosted 4 days ago
- Wake Forest AD interviews Ball State’s Pete LemboPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Petersen, Nussmeier leading candidates at WashingtonPosted 4 days ago
- Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham headed to TCUPosted 5 days ago
- Jim Mora will remain at UCLAPosted 6 days ago
- Source: Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin to be named Miami (OH) head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe resignsPosted 1 week ago
Florida loses another player for the year
Florida coach Will Muschamp announced Wednesday that the Gators lost another player for the season to injury.
Reserve linebacker Jeremi Powell tore the ACL in his left knee while attempting to block a punt against Missouri on Saturday. He will undergo season-ending surgery.
“Unfortunate for him,” Muschamp told the media. “He’s a guy who was really emerging special teams-wise.”
The redshirt freshman from Pinellas Park, Fla. saw action in all seven games this season, mostly on special teams. He totaled four tackles.
Powell is just the latest in a long line of Gators to suffer season-ending injuries.
Others out for the rest of the year include starters quarterback Jeff Driskel (broken leg), defensive tackle Dominique Easley (knee), right tackle Chaz Green (labrum), running back Matt Jones (knee), wide receiver/kick returner Andre Debose (knee), linebacker Matt Rolin (knee) and defensive back Nick Washington (shoulder).
Photo: Will Vragovic, Tampa Bay Times