- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 4 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 5 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
USC starting linebacker done for the season
USC’s already-depleted roster has taken a couple more hits.
Interim coach Ed Oregeron announced Wednesday that starting linebacker Lamar Dawson would miss the rest of the 2013 season after suffering a knee injury in practice on Tuesday. He will undergo surgery to repair the damage in the near future.
Dawson, a junior from Junction City, Ky. had started all seven games for the Trojans this season and is tied for fourth on the team with 35 tackles. He was also credited with 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks.
The loss of Dawson comes on the heels of news that freshman tailback Justin Davis would miss the remainder of the season following surgery to repair an ankle injury.
Davis, the Trojans’ second-leading rusher, suffered the injury during USC’s 14-10 loss at Notre Dame on Saturday.
Photo credit: AP Images/Cal Sport Media