- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 21 hours ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 1 day ago
- News and Rumors: USC coaching search updatePosted 1 day ago
- Parents of Rutgers player who quit team following bullying incident call school’s statement ‘insane’Posted 2 days ago
- Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 3 days ago
- Muschamp punches chalkboard to fire up team in loss to South CarolinaPosted 3 days ago
- Former Texas Tech QB: Leach cussed out Big 12 commish, fired DC in the middle of gamesPosted 5 days ago
- Baylor locks up Art Briles through 2023Posted 6 days ago
- Illinois AD noncommittal on Beckman’s futurePosted 7 days ago
- Countdown to Firing Day – Nov. 13, 2013Posted 1 week ago
USC starting linebacker done for the season
USC’s already-depleted roster has taken a couple more hits.
Interim coach Ed Oregeron announced Wednesday that starting linebacker Lamar Dawson would miss the rest of the 2013 season after suffering a knee injury in practice on Tuesday. He will undergo surgery to repair the damage in the near future.
Dawson, a junior from Junction City, Ky. had started all seven games for the Trojans this season and is tied for fourth on the team with 35 tackles. He was also credited with 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks.
The loss of Dawson comes on the heels of news that freshman tailback Justin Davis would miss the remainder of the season following surgery to repair an ankle injury.
Davis, the Trojans’ second-leading rusher, suffered the injury during USC’s 14-10 loss at Notre Dame on Saturday.
Photo credit: AP Images/Cal Sport Media