- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 4 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 5 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Taylor Martinez expected to return Saturday but Nebraska QB situation still murky
Nebraska coach Bo Pelini expects quarterback Taylor Martinez to play in Saturday’s game against Minnesota, but he wouldn’t go so far as to say he’ll start.
“It’ll be a game-time decision of what we’re going to do, but I would anticipate he’s going to play,” Pelini told the media on Thursday. “How much, we’ll see. We’re playing it by ear a little bit as to how he feels and how he wakes up tomorrow and how he responds from the week of work he had.”
Martinez missed five weeks of practice and donned a boot on his foot to protect the toe. He finally returned on Sunday and participated in practice all week, including two full-pad sessions.
If Martinez starts, Pelini said Tommy Armstrong will be the backup. However, Pelini did not rule out the possibility of playing Martinez, Armstrong or fifth-year senior Ron Kellogg.
“I believe we have three quarterbacks who can win for us,” he said. “That’s a good situation to be in. I would anticipate, at some point, you’re going to see all three.”
Photo credit: Nati Harnik, AP