- Pete Perot out as Southern Miss offensive line coachPosted 6 hours ago
- Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018Posted 11 hours ago
- News and Rumors: USC coaching search updatePosted 13 hours ago
- Parents of Rutgers player who quit team following bullying incident call school’s statement ‘insane’Posted 1 day ago
- Jack Del Rio interviewed for USC jobPosted 2 days ago
- Muschamp punches chalkboard to fire up team in loss to South CarolinaPosted 2 days ago
- Former Texas Tech QB: Leach cussed out Big 12 commish, fired DC in the middle of gamesPosted 4 days ago
- Baylor locks up Art Briles through 2023Posted 5 days ago
- Illinois AD noncommittal on Beckman’s futurePosted 6 days ago
- Countdown to Firing Day – Nov. 13, 2013Posted 6 days ago
Report: Clint Chelf to start at QB for Oklahoma State
Though it probably won’t be official until just before kickoff, it looks Clint Chelf will get the starting nod at quarterback for Oklahoma State today against Iowa State.
Head coach Mike Gundy did not publicly name a starter this week, but ESPN’s Joe Schad reports that Chelf is expected to start over J.W. Walsh.
Chelf, who started the season opener but was pulled after just two series, entered the game against TCU last weekend and helped lead the Cowboys to a 24-10 win.
He has completed 54.5 percent of his passes with three touchdowns and one interception in five appearances this season.
Walsh, the Cowboys’ starter the last five games, has been sporadic at best. The sophomore is currently 68th nationally and fifth among Big 12 quarterbacks in passing efficiency, but does lead the team with 284 rushing yards.
No. 19 Oklahoma State is 5-1 overall, 2-1 in the Big 12.
Photo credit: Sue Ogrocki, AP