- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 39 mins ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 hour ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Report: Clint Chelf to start at QB for Oklahoma State
Though it probably won’t be official until just before kickoff, it looks Clint Chelf will get the starting nod at quarterback for Oklahoma State today against Iowa State.
Head coach Mike Gundy did not publicly name a starter this week, but ESPN’s Joe Schad reports that Chelf is expected to start over J.W. Walsh.
Chelf, who started the season opener but was pulled after just two series, entered the game against TCU last weekend and helped lead the Cowboys to a 24-10 win.
He has completed 54.5 percent of his passes with three touchdowns and one interception in five appearances this season.
Walsh, the Cowboys’ starter the last five games, has been sporadic at best. The sophomore is currently 68th nationally and fifth among Big 12 quarterbacks in passing efficiency, but does lead the team with 284 rushing yards.
No. 19 Oklahoma State is 5-1 overall, 2-1 in the Big 12.
Photo credit: Sue Ogrocki, AP