- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 4 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Report: Oliver Luck expected to be named Texas AD
We reported last night that Texas’ search to replace DeLoss Dodds as athletics director was focused on Oliver Luck, and if all goes as planned, it looks like Luck’s hiring could be official by the middle of November.
OliveOrangebloods.com’s Chip Brown cites multiple sources as indicating that Luck’s name topped a list of potential candidates submitted to a seven-member UT advisory committee by search firm Korn/Ferry International.
According to Brown:
Those sources say Luck is the frontrunner from a group of names put forth by the search firm Korn/Ferry International to the advisory committee last week that also includes Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson, who got his law degree at Texas.
Luck’s interview with the committee could come as early as this week. If all goes as expected, a contract could be finalized Nov. 13 or 14, when Texas regents are already scheduled to meet.
Nothing is expected to be announced before Texas and West Virginia meet in Morgantown on Nov. 9.
But the Mountaineers have a bye week after their game at Kansas on Nov. 16, so an official announcement could come then.
Luck, the father of former Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, has strong ties to Texas — both the state and the University. He played quarterback for the Houston Oilers, earned his law degree from the University of Texas, and was general manager of the Houston Dynamo of MLS.
In addition to Luck and Patterson, other names floated as possible replacements for Dodds were Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick and Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione.
Photo credit: Charleston (W.V.) Daily Mail