- Florida players celebrate Ohio State’s Big Ten title game defeat on TwitterPosted 8 hours ago
- Wyoming hires North Dakota State’s Craig BohlPosted 2 days ago
- Baylor’s Art Briles could be a candidate for Texans jobPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Chris Petersen to be named Washington coachPosted 4 days ago
- Wake Forest AD interviews Ball State’s Pete LemboPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Petersen, Nussmeier leading candidates at WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham headed to TCUPosted 5 days ago
- Jim Mora will remain at UCLAPosted 6 days ago
- Source: Notre Dame OC Chuck Martin to be named Miami (OH) head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe resignsPosted 1 week ago
Georgia WR Justin Scott-Wesley arrested on marijuana charge
It’s been a rough year for Georgia’s Justin Scott-Wesley.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Scott-Wesley turned himself in on an arrest warrant Thursday afternoon. He cited the night before for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession/use of a drug object.
The citation was issued by a university police officer who responded to a call reporting the odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room.
Scott-Wesley reportedly consented to search his room and glass pipe and marijuana “grinder” were located in a desk drawer. No significant quantities of marijuana were found but the residue in the grinder resulted in the possession charges, according to the report.
“I’m disappointed in the news about Justin,” Bulldogs coach Mark Richt said in a statement. “We will discipline him according to our policy. We will also educate him, provide him counsel so he can learn from this, and be able to move forward in a very positive direction. I’m confident he will respond properly to the correction process.”
At the time of his injury, Scott-Wesley was second on the team with 16 receptions for 311 yards.
Photo credit: Donn Rodenroth, Macon Telegraph