- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 21 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 22 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Georgia WR Justin Scott-Wesley arrested on marijuana charge
It’s been a rough year for Georgia’s Justin Scott-Wesley.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Scott-Wesley turned himself in on an arrest warrant Thursday afternoon. He cited the night before for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession/use of a drug object.
The citation was issued by a university police officer who responded to a call reporting the odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room.
Scott-Wesley reportedly consented to search his room and glass pipe and marijuana “grinder” were located in a desk drawer. No significant quantities of marijuana were found but the residue in the grinder resulted in the possession charges, according to the report.
“I’m disappointed in the news about Justin,” Bulldogs coach Mark Richt said in a statement. “We will discipline him according to our policy. We will also educate him, provide him counsel so he can learn from this, and be able to move forward in a very positive direction. I’m confident he will respond properly to the correction process.”
At the time of his injury, Scott-Wesley was second on the team with 16 receptions for 311 yards.
Photo credit: Donn Rodenroth, Macon Telegraph