- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 16 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 17 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Eastern Michigan fires Ron English
Eastern Michigan has fired head coach Ron English.
EMU was 1-8 this season and 0-5 in the MAC. The Eagles, who lost 55-16 to Toledo last week, rank 111th nationally in scoring offense (19.3 points per game) and 122nd in scoring defense (45.6 points per game).
“At this time, I have decided that a change in the leadership of our football team is necessary,” EMU athletic director Heather Lyke said in a release.
“Eastern Michigan University’s commitment to our student-athletes remains of the utmost importance as we move forward with the rest of this season and in selecting the new leader of our program.”
Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Stan Parrish will serve as interim head coach. Parrish has a 63-60-3 record in 13 seasons as a head coach, including stints at Wabash (1978-82), Marshall (1984-85), Kansas State (1986-88) and Ball State (2008-10).
Lyke said that a “national search” for English’s replacement will begin immediately.
Photo: AP file