- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 day ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 day ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Washington State extends Leach’s contract through 2018
Washington State has extended Mike Leach’s contract through 2018.
Athletic director Bill Moos is quite pleased with the program’s progress.
“Mike Leach has done a fabulous job in his short time at Washington State,” Moos said in a release. “Extending his contract through the 2018 season will ensure a bright future for Cougar football. He has elevated the program on the field, in the community and in the classroom.
“I believe he is among the best college football coaches in America and is a fantastic fit in Pullman.”
Leach is 92-57 in 12 seasons as a college head coach. The Cougars five wins are their most at this point in the season since 2006.
“I’d like to thank Bill Moos and President Floyd for extending my contract and giving me the opportunity to coach at Washington State,” Leach said. “The support we have received from students, fans, alumni and the administration has been tremendous and by the end of this year we will have facilities that rival anyone in the country.
“As I’ve said many times, my family and I are extremely happy at Washington State and love living in Pullman.”