- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 21 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 22 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Coker, UTSA in talks for long-term extension
Larry Coker was hired to build the UTSA football program from scratch, and now the school is working to lock him up for the long term.
Picked to finish last in Conference USA West this season, the Roadrunners are currently tied for second. UTSA is 5-5 overall and 4-2 in the West.
UTSA athletic director Lynn Hickey would not discuss specifics before a proposal was sent to the UT Board of Regents, but a deal is definitely in the works.
“You can definitely say that we’re working on a long-term arrangement to keep Coach Coker at UTSA for many years to come,” Hickey told the San Antonio Express-News.
Coker wasn’t available for comment, and Hickey stopped short of saying that the former Miami (Fla.) coach had agreed to terms.
Photo: Eric Gay, AP