- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 day ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 day ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Report: Dave Christensen out at Wyoming
Wyoming has reportedly fired head coach Dave Christensen after five seasons.
The USA Today cites a source “with knowledge of the decision” that Christensen has been let go. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the school has not yet made a formal announcement.
Christensen was 27-34 in five seasons at Wyoming, including a 16-22 record in the Mountain West Conference.
The Cowboys started the season 4-2, but limped to a 5-7 record after a 35-7 loss to Utah State on Saturday.
Christensen came under fire last season after a postgame confrontation with Air Force’s Troy Calhoun went viral on YouTube.
During the profanity-laced tirade, Christensen called Calhoun “Howdy Doody,” and earned a one-game suspension and $50,000 fine from athletics director Tom Burman.
Prior to Wyoming, Christensen spent 12 seasons as offensive coordinator at Missouri.