- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 weeks ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 3 weeks ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 3 weeks ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 4 weeks ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 4 weeks ago
Status quo: Mack Brown still Texas coach; Saban agrees to deal at Bama
It looks like the rumors of the end of Mack Brown’s era as Texas coach were greatly exaggerated.
Brown’s Friday evening meeting with school president Bill Powers and athletic director Steve Patterson came and went and, according to all reports, Brown will coach the Longhorns in 2014.
The news came roughly an hour after Alabama officials announced that Nick Saban has agreed to terms for a long-term extension.
Regardless, even if Brown’s status changes in coming days or weeks, it looks like Texas’ top choice as his replacement is off the board.
This probably isn’t the end to the Texas soap opera, but it looks like the status quo will hold … at least for now.