- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 17 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 18 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Western Kentucky DB Jonathan Dowling leaving for the NFL
Western Kentucky safety Jonathan Dowling is leaving early for the NFL.
Dowling, a redshirt junior, announced the decision via Twitter on Friday.
He totaled 67 tackles, three interceptions, and forced six fumbles during his redshirt junior campaign.
A four-star recruit from Bradenton (Fla.) Southeast, Dowling originally signed with Florida in the 2010 class but was released from the team less than a year later by Urban Meyer.
He sat out the 2011 season due to NCAA transfer rules before becoming one of WKU’s top defensive playmakers as a redshirt sophomore.
Dowling led the Hilltoppers with six interceptions and totaled 68 tackles in an all-Sun Belt Conference 2012 season.
For an updated list of college underclassmen that have declared for the NFL Draft, click HERE.