- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 17 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 18 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 4 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Report: Army fires Rich Ellerson
Army has fired coach Rich Ellerson, according to an SI.com report.
Ellerson compiled a 20-41 record in his five seasons, including an 0-5 mark against Navy and just eight wins overall the past three seasons.
The SI report states that the job has already generated a lot of interest from assistant coaches around college football, and Ellerson’s replacement is expected to have experience at Army during one of the programs stronger football eras.
Early names with West Point ties include Ohio State co-offensive coordinator Ed Warinner, New York Jets special teams coach Ben Kotwica, Vanderbilt defensive coordinator Bob Shoop, UCF offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe and Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan.
Photo: Matt Rourke, AP