- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 12 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 13 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Arkansas assistant Charlie Partridge expected to be named FAU coach
Florida Atlantic is expected to name Arkansas associate head coach and defensive line coach Charlie Partridge to fill its vacant head coaching position.
Partridge interviewed for the FAU position Friday and has been offered the job. A source told the Sun-Sentinel that Partridge will be announced as FAU’s hire early next week.
He beat out Ohio State running backs coach Stan Drayton for the job.
A Plantation, Fla. native, Partridge has developed a reputation as one of the best recruiters in south Florida.
Partridge followed Bret Bielema to Arkansas last year. He served as one of Arkansas’ lead recruiters for running back Alex Collins, the SEC Freshman of the Year, and offensive lineman Denver Kirkland, a freshman all-SEC selection.
Prior to Arkansas, Partridge spent five years as an assistant at Wisconsin.
Photo: M.P. King, Wisconsin State Journal