- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 6 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 6 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
USC’s Marqise Lee not ready for official announcement, but all signs point to NFL
USC receiver Marqise Lee hasn’t officially announced that he’s skipping his final season with the Trojans, but it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to see that’s where he’s headed.
Here’s the full quote:
“Right now, you’ve still got a game going on. Thinking about that can affect the way I play. … I try not to think about it as much. Just go through this last little game not worrying about it because I am trying to have a great last game.”
With Lee twice referring to the LVB as his “last” game, you don’t exactly have to wait for the official announcement to begin thinking about where he fits in the 2014 NFL Draft. Lee, a true junior, is expected to be one of the first receivers taken.
In his first two seasons with the Trojans, Lee totaled 191 receptions and 25 touchdowns, including 118 catches and and 14 scores in 2012.
Following Matt Barkley’s departure and battling through injuries, a coaching change, Lee has just 50 receptions and two touchdowns in nine games this season.
For an updated list of college underclassmen that have declared for the NFL Draft, click HERE.