- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 2 days ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 days ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 4 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 5 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 6 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 week ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 week ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Big news for Badgers: Melvin Gordon to return
Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon has announced that he will return for his redshirt junior season.
With backfield mate James White (1,337 yards, 13 touchdowns) graduating, Gordon should be a serious candidate for the 2014 Heisman Trophy.
“After talking it over with my family and my coaches, I have decided to come back next year,” Gordon said in a statement. “I love the University of Wisconsin and feel that there is still a lot of room for growth.
“Academically, another year in school will help me get closer to completing my degree and on the field I hope to help my team get back the Big Ten championship,” he added. “With this decision out of the way I can now focus on helping my team prepare for the Capital One Bowl and a great opponent in South Carolina.”
The Kenosha, Wis. native led the nation with a 10.0 yard per carry average (62 rushes for 621 yards) as a redshirt freshman in 2012.
Photo: Andy Manis, AP
For an updated list of college underclassmen that have declared for the NFL Draft, click HERE.