- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 3 hours ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 3 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Source: Charlie Strong has not interviewed for Texas job
A report surfaced Monday that Louisville’s Charlie Strong met with Texas officials regarding the Longhorns’ head coaching vacancy, but a source close to the situation tells Football Rumor Mill that is not true. At least not yet.
Orangebloods.com’s Chip Brown reported that Texas athletic director Steve Patterson met with Strong at an undisclosed location.
While the situation could certainly change, our sources say that Strong did not meet with Patterson on Tuesday and was not scheduled to interview Tuesday night.
Brown reports that Patterson has also already met with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin and wants to talk to Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio.
Other names mentioned with the Texas opening include Baylor’s Art Briles and Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher.
Earlier on Monday, word leaked that Fisher had signed a new contract, but don’t assume that will keep him with the Seminoles. Sources indicate he remains a legitimate candidate.