- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 hour ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 2 hours ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
Trio of underclassman wide receivers declare for NFL Draft
A trio of top underclassman receivers announced Thursday that they would enter the NFL Draft.
Evans’ decision is hardly a surprise. Reports surfaced late last week that he and A&M quarterback Johnny Maniel would be turning pro.
In two seasons with the Aggies, the 6-foot-5, 218-pound Evans caught 151 passes for 2,499 yards and 17 touchdowns. He averaged more than 20 yards per reception this season.
Cooks (5-10, 186) the 2013 Biletnikoff Award winner, led the nation with 1,730 receiving yards. He is second in receptions (128) and receiving touchdowns (16).
Robinson (6-3, 210), the Big Ten receiver of the year each of the past two seasons, caught 97 passes 1,432 and six touchdowns in 2013. He ranks second in receptions (177) and third in receiving yardage (2,474) on Penn State’s all-time lists.
“It was a great honor to play at Penn State,” Robinson said in a release. “I am blessed to have played with, and for, the people in the Penn State football program.
“This is a decision that I believe is best for my family and I, and I wish all the best to the University and all my teammates.”
Robinson is projected as a first-round selection.
Photo: David J. Phillip, AP
For a complete list of college underclassmen that have declared for the NFL Draft, click HERE.