- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 38 mins ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
- Borges out at Michigan; Hoke lands Alabama’s NussmeierPosted 1 week ago
Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinator
As we mentioned first on Tuesday, Alabama’s Nick Saban had a backup plan when Crimson Tide offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier bolted for Michigan, and now he’s made it official.
Saban has hired former USC head coach Lane Kiffin to replace Nussmeier, according to an ESPN report.
Last month, Saban made headlines when he brought Kiffin in to share ideas with the Tide offensive staff.
“Lane is a really good offensive coach, and I’ve always had a tremendous amount of respect for him,” Saban said at the time. “Just to come in and brainstorm a little bit to get some professional ideas with our guys is a really positive thing.”
ESPN reports that Kiffin agreed to a 3-year deal, and the contract is being completed.
Kiffin, who was fired as coach at USC in September after a 62-41 loss at Arizona State, was 28-15 record in three-plus seasons with the Trojans. He went 7-6 in his only season at Tennessee and 5-15 in two seasons with the Oakland Raiders.
Prior to becoming the Raiders’ coach, Kifffin spent six seasons as an assistant at USC, the last two as the Trojans’ offensive coordinator.
Photo: Danny Moloshok, AP