- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 41 mins ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
- Borges out at Michigan; Hoke lands Alabama’s NussmeierPosted 1 week ago
Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coach
Western Kentucky didn’t waste any time hiring a replacement for Bobby Petrino.
School officials didn’t expect Petrino to be around long, and Brohm had been unofficially promised the job when he arrived as offensive coordinator.
Western Kentucky led the Sun Belt in yards per play (6.29) and ranked No. 29 nationally. The unit broke 18 single-season school records including total offense, individual passing yards and individual rushing yards.
The team finished 8-4, with a 4-3 record in Sun Belt play, but did not receive an invitation to play a bowl game.
Brohm is a former Louisville quarterback began his college coaching career with the Cardinals under Petrino in 2003. He remained on staff through 2008, remaining through the transition from Petrino to Steve Kragthorpe.
He left to join Howard Schnellenberger at FAU, followed by short stints at Illinois (2010-11) and UAB (2012).
Brohm then rejoined Petrino at Western Kentucky prior to the 2013 season, serving as assistant head coach and offensive coordinator.
Photo: Brandon Carter, WKU Herald