- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 40 mins ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 2 days ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 3 days ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 4 days ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 7 days ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 7 days ago
- UAB head coach Garrick McGee bolts to become Louisville OCPosted 1 week ago
- Reports: James Franklin will be next Penn State coachPosted 1 week ago
- Borges out at Michigan; Hoke lands Alabama’s NussmeierPosted 1 week ago
Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL Draft
Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri has decided to skip his final collegiate season and enter May’s NFL Draft.
Prior to the injury, Sunseri had 20 tackles, four pass breakups and two interceptions. His two picks came in the season opener vs. Virginia Tech and against Texas A&M, and both were returned for touchdown.
In 2012, Sunseri finished fourth on the team with 54 tackles, six tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions.
Sunseri is the fifth Alabama player and fourth Tide defender to announce that he will leave school early.
He joins fellow safety Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan, linebacker Adrian Hubbard and offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio on the 2014 NFL Draft early entry list.
Photo: David J. Phillip, AP
For a complete list of college underclassmen that have declared for the NFL Draft, click HERE.