- UAB hires Jacksonville State’s Bill Clark as head coachPosted 4 weeks ago
- Record-setting number of players leaving early for 2014 NFL DraftPosted 4 weeks ago
- Report: Stanford DC Derek Mason to be named Vanderbilt coachPosted 1 month ago
- Ex- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe to interview at UABPosted 1 month ago
- Alabama’s DB coach resigns; Saban shuffles defensive staffPosted 1 month ago
- Florida State DC Jeremy Pruitt leaves for GeorgiaPosted 1 month ago
- Alabama junior safety Vinnie Sunseri declares for NFL DraftPosted 1 month ago
- UMass hires Mark Whipple as head coachPosted 1 month ago
- Report: Saban officially hires Kiffin as Bama’s offensive coordinatorPosted 1 month ago
- Western Kentucky names Jeff Brohm head coachPosted 1 month ago
The Rumor Mill :: College Football Coaching News and Rumors – Tuesday, Feb. 18
Pitt head coach Paul Chryst has made several staff moves.
John Settle, a former NFL running back who has 20 years of experience coaching in the college and pro ranks, has been named running backs coach. Troy Douglas will be the secondary coach.
Defensive coordinator Matt House, who coached safeties last season, will coach inside linebackers.
Chris Haering will become special teams coordinator and coach outside linebackers, and John Palermo will coach the defensive ends.
UConn running backs coach Ernest Jones has resigned. Head coach Bob Diaco said he was “shocked” by the resignation.
Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy has hired Bob Connelly as offensive line coach. Connelly was recently named the offensive line coach at Georgia Southern.
Connelly spent the 2012 season on Arizona State, and before that, was offensive line and associate head coach and co-offensive coordinator under Mike Price at UTEP for four seasons.
He also coached offensive line at Alabama for four seasons (2003-06), and three different Pac-12 schools — ASU, UCLA (2007) and Washington State (2001-02).
Hawgs247 reports Arkansas linebackers coach Randy Shannon has signed his new contract and will receive a salary of $400,000, which is a bump of $85,000 from this past season.
The new deal includes a $100,000 buyout through Dec. 31, 2014 and then drops to $50,000 through June 30, 2015.
The University of Michigan Board of Regents will vote on the approval of naming Michigan’s head football coaching position after Ira and Nicki Harris. Through their foundation, the Harris family made a $10 million donation to the university for the “naming and endowment of the head football coach position.”
Rice announced Friday that David Bailiff has signed a five-season contract extension, taking him through the 2018 season.
UAB formally announced the hires of assistants David Reeves and Chuck Dunn. Reeves will coach the defensive line and Dunn will coach the inside linebackers.
Texas Tech assistant Eric Morris has been promoted to offensive coordinator and receivers coach. The 28-year-old Morris was co-offensive coordinator and inside receivers coach last season.
Georgia will pay recently hired football assistant coach Mike Ekeler an annual salary of $250,000.
Mark Richt’s son, Jon Richt, will serve on the Bulldogs staff as a volunteer quality control assistant.